It is never an easy time when our services are needed, and the last thing you need is to add financial worries to your emotional state so we provide funerals with social fund support.
There is support available for people who meet certain criteria, we will guide and help you apply for the support available to you.
Funeral Payment Support
The Social Fund will pay for;
- All necessary 3rd Party costs, for burial or cremation.
- Travel for you to arrange and attend the funeral
- £700 towards the funeral director’s fees & coffin
To apply for Funeral Payment support, you will need to fill in a SF200 form available from the government website.
Bereavement Benefit Support
There are bereavement benefits available to the partner of the deceased, they are;
- A one off payment of up to £2,000
- A weekly allowance for one year
To apply for Bereavement Benefit Support, you will need to fill in a BB1 form available from the government website.
All support is subject to meeting specific criteria, please call for more information.